What Is Microsoft Teams?
Do you feel a little overwhelmed by everything that Office 365 has to offer? Would you like to have just one application from which to work online and have access to everything you need to get your job done right there, in that one place. Then it’s Teams to the rescue. Microsoft Teams brings together the full breadth and depth of Office 365, to provide a true chat-based hub for teamwork. It brings people, conversations, files, and tools into one place, so everyone has instant access to everything they need.
Out of the box, a team created in Teams will create an Office 365 Group, a SharePoint Online site (complete with a document library), and an Exchange Online group mailbox. Teams provides a persistent chat capability, calling and meetings (think Skype), and easy access to other components of Office 365. This provides a hub for teamwork that is appropriate for enterprise companies, small organizations and everyone in between.
Tell Me A Bit More. Why Should I Use Microsoft Teams?
- Chat for today’s teams – Communicate through threaded and persistent chat and keep everyone in the know, even if they have been away for a few days. Initiate a private or group chat, share files or co-author content.
- Online meetings – Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization. Get features like scheduling assistance, note taking, desktop sharing, uploading files, and chat messaging.
- Integrated Office 365 apps – Enjoy built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, Word, Excel, websites, Planner and more.
- Work on documents directly within Teams – Just click on a document, open directly within Teams and work on it there, without having to open up other dedicated applications.
- Work across devices – Teams is available via a web browser, PC and Mac, and mobile apps.
Learn More About Microsoft Teams
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Teams, then why not check out the Microsoft Teams Help Centre.You’ll be able to get a handle on what Teams is all about: how to set it up, how it works, and how to use it to connect with people in your organisation.
Or if you prefer, just get in touch with NYES Digital and we can help you to understand what Teams could do for your school, and how you can get started using it; to help you share, collaborate and communicate better.